6/5/08

A Big Accomplishment!

Today I was recruited to help JR roof a house! I am proud to say that I made it!!! It was very exhausting! But it was also fun to get to spend the day with JR and see what he does. I also have new found respect and understanding for him, it really is intense! JR was so patient with me too. Having to show me what to do, from stripping the roof a certain way to how the shingles are put on properly. We started at 8:30am and had stripped, swept, and papered one side of the roof by noon. To top it off it started to rain once we had the shingles stripped. So we had to hurry to get the roof papered so it would be water proofed. Talk about motivation! I was about done after we finished stripping the shingles, but had to keep going thanks to the rain! After the roof was water proofed we took a long lunch ( which was well deserved). Then we started to shingle, which took us four hours to do. JR says that is good when only one person is nailing and the other is passing shingles! Over all this was a very productive day and a great learning experience for me. The only really tough part about the whole day is that it was the first time I had been away from my sweet Abigail ALL DAY LONG! I didn't even get time to see her on lunch because she was sleeping! Tomorrow is another day and I have to help JR again, but thank fully another person is coming so it won't just be the two of us doing everything again. My dear Abigail gets to spend another day with her great grandma Nelson ( who loves having Abi so much!). Better get to bed and get rest for another long work day!

No comments: